Although my day job is in IT, I've got quite a bit of training and experience as a jazz trombonist. This post serves as a partial list of my most interesting musical endeavors to date. If you would like to book me for an upcoming gig or recording session in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, you can find my contact information towards the bottom of this page; I'd love the opportunity to play!
The following recordings are listed in chronological order by the date the tracks I played on were recorded, not necessarily by the date the album was released.
Also, please note that the North Texas Jazz recordings listed below are published with the express written consent of the department, and may not be reproduced elsewhere without first obtaining similar consent.
- Two O'Clock Lab Band. Two Twos. North Texas Jazz, 2012.
- I played second trombone (solo chair) in the Two O'Clock during the Spring 2012 semester.
- One O'Clock Lab Band. Lab 2005. North Texas Jazz, 2005.
- I played second trombone (solo chair) in the One O'Clock for the entire 2004-05 season.
- One O'Clock Lab Band. Lab Band Madness 2005. Rec. 2005. North Texas Jazz, unreleased.
- Every spring, all nine of the UNT lab bands put on a live concert; during the 2005 show, I played a trombone feature arrangement of "Emily".
- Two O'Clock Lab Band. Avenue 'C' Jazz. Rec. 2004-06. North Texas Jazz, 2009.
- A compilation album featuring several years' worth of Two O'Clock Lab Band recordings. I'm playing lead trombone on the tracks from spring 2004.
- One O'Clock Lab Band. Lab 2003. North Texas Jazz, 2003.
- On this album I can be heard playing third trombone.
- Two O'Clock Lab Band. The Best of the Big O. Rec. 2001-03. North Texas Jazz, 2005.
- Another Two O'Clock compilation album. I'm playing lead bone on the fall 2002 tracks.
- Two O'Clock Lab Band. Rec. 2002. North Texas Jazz, unreleased.
- I played this trombone solo on an unreleased track from the Best of the Big O session:
In addition to the above, I also show up in a video on the North Texas Jazz Studies video page playing lead bone in the trombone soli from Thad Jones' Tip Toe.
I've had the opportunity to perform with each of the following selected ensembles:
- UNT's One O'Clock and Two O'Clock Lab Bands (2002-05 and 2012, with guest artists Benny Golson and Maria Schneider)
- Grammy All-American High School Jazz Band (2000 and 2001)
- North Dakota All-State Jazz Ensemble (1999-2001, with guest artists Bob Kase, Mark Colby, and John Fedchock)
- Outstanding Undergraduate Student in Jazz Studies, University of North Texas, Denton, TX (2003)
- Outstanding Musician, University of Mary Jazz Festival, Bismarck, ND (2000)
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Award for Outstanding Male Musician, International Music Camp, Dunseith, ND (1999)
- Member of the International Trombone Association
If you'd like to contact me about a performing or recording opportunity in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, the following call button will connect you to my voicemail. Alternatively, if you'd prefer to send me an email, my account name @gmail.com is jazzslider.
(Note: for reasons I have not yet had time to research, the call button does not appear to work in WebKit-based browsers [Safari and Chrome]. Until I manage to find the problem, please be advised that you'll need to use Firefox or IE to use the call button [or just email me if you don't want to worry about browser compatibilities].)